Personal income tax (Pay as you earn)
Mrs. Werr Mercy Ager
DIRECTORATE OF PERSONAL INCOME TAX (PAY AS YOU EARN)
The Directorate of Personal Income Tax (Pay As You Earn) is the back bone of the Plateau State internal Revenue Service as its activities lead to the generation of about 80% of the total Internally Generated Revenue of the Service.
The Directorate is saddled with the responsibility of:
- Directing of all organizations in the state under the PAYE System.
- Maintaining a PAYE Register of all organizations.
- Serving of annual income Tax Returns Forms to all organizations.
- Ensuring proper data presentation and returns.
- Capturing new PAYE organizations.
- Computing Annual PAYE Assessments of all organizations.
- Serving notices of Annual PAYE Assessments.
- Attending to complaints, making corrections/adjustment of Assessments.
- Distributing and processing of PAYE Tax Clearance Certificates.
- Collaborating with other Directorates and Zonal Offices on PAYE issues.
- Carrying out any other duty as assigned by the Executive Chairman